JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I wanted to take it home!

"A dead cow or sheep lying in a pasture is recognized as carrion. The same sort of a carcass dressed and hung up in a butcher's stall passes as food."
- John Harvey Kellogg

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


Dorpers - Watercolour in Moleskine Watercolour Sketch-book

I'm sure I'd posted this before, but upon going through my posts, I can't find it at all! Anyway, here it is again!

My neighbour's sheep - a while ago some ewes had lambs and it was the first time for MANY, MANY years that I actually held a little lamb in my arms again - oh my word! I'd forgotten how precious that can be! I wanted to take it home...!

The Dorper is a South African breed of domestic sheep developed by crossing Dorset Horn and the Blackhead Persian sheep. The breed was created through the efforts of the South African Department of Agriculture to breed a meat sheep suitable to the more arid regions of the country. It is now farmed in other areas as well, and is the second most common sheep breed in South Africa.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Maree! I love sheep and you've done a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thanks ever so much Teresa, lovely of you to say so!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!