JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A winter's morn

W&N watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm 

A winter's morning at a dam in Magaliesburg (Gauteng, South Africa) 

It was still ash-grey on a Sunday morning, but winter was awake already. She was whispering everywhere. She was shaking shaking everything in her path. She seeped through the gaps around the doors and windows. She crawled down the walls and flooded the room with her ice-cold breath. She crept into my bed. Then woke me up and penetrated my duvet. Surrounded by her, I found myself shrinking like an earthworm. I then had to compromise my bed. She enjoyed taking possession. I was trying to sleep with my knees squashed to my head and my arms around my ankles. I was shaking when I felt her presence. I got up and closed the windows. She were trapped, inside. 
- Unknown

::

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketch, Maree! Enjoyed reading your post too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Serena, lovely little story, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Excellent painting Maree and such a wonderful description of winter!!I enjoyed reading this .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting and wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much Ruth, pleased you stopped by!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!