JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life is still...

I am thinking of the onion again. … Not self-righteous like the proletarian potato, nor a siren like the apple. No show-off like the banana. But a modest, self-effacing vegetable, questioning, introspective, peeling itself away, or merely radiating halos like ripples. 
- Erica Jong, Fruits and Vegetables, 1971

W&N watercolours on Bockingford 300gsm
Fruit in a bowl on my kitchen table 

I really felt like painting but was stumped as to what! My muse seemed to have gone on holiday and I don't really mind, she deserves it. So I scoured the cupboards and the refrigerator for inspiration and all I could come up with was an onion, a rather bedraggled yellow pepper and two apples. Mother Hubbard’s cupboard was rather bare! The bowl belongs to a friend who brought a salad over for a braai (barbecue) we had a while back. 

::

4 comments:

  1. You always have such lovely compositions, even when you say your muse is on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thank you very much Haley! I think she came back under duress for a short while! I've been posting older paintings lately as she is still on holiday!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work Maree....wonderful. I'm trying to get my work into some galleries, and when I actually start making some money - equity into my Arts bank account. I would like to finally discuss with you buying some Art, becuause I've always been a fan of your amazing watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah Crista, we certainly can do that! I wish you all the luck with the galleries and thank you for stopping by, appreciate that!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!