JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Enjoying the scenery

“Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” 
- Eddie Cantor 

W&N watercolour on DalerRowney 200gsm - no preliminary sketching 

The dam at Spring Farm (Tarlton, Gauteng, South Africa) is always full and I've often wondered where the water comes from. Today I was told there's a natural spring further up on the property that has been slowly running at the same, unchanged speed for years. This is also the place where I often sit and watch the cattle and do some quick sketches - there's always something new to discover.

::

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful little sketch! I love the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your art work. I went through most of it and i'm just in awe :) Massive fan all the way from Dubai, UAE. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet someone from Dubai PearTree! Thank you for your lovely words and visiting my blog, greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Hello Maree:) It must be wonderful there! I love your watercolors. Very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renate! Have you never been to South Africa?! Time for a visit, girl! Pleased you like my art and than you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  4. Hi Maree - Just found your blog despite following you on other platforms for a while namely Redbubble. I love your energy and enthusiasm for watercolour. Your verve for life is certainly an inspiration for me too. Take care. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Laura, thank you for those heart-warming words! Absolutely lovely to see you here! I just LOVE your bird paintings and have now added you to my Google Reader so that I don't miss anything new! Lovely to chat to you!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!