JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What lies ahead?

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


W&N watercolour on Amedeo 200gsm

As we enter this new year, there's always the thought, "What lies ahead?" Many of us may be stepping out in a new direction, starting a new job, moving house or just trying something new with our art. But that's a good thing, it's time to go, to leave this place and embrace the unknown, and step into the new year with confidence and faith.

::

It's time to go, to leave this place
The unknown awaits, as it does
For a foolish few who dare.

I leave behind what I comprehend
And even with all communication
I know for now without doubt
I drift, en route a new location

But who's to say what shall pass
And what still lies ahead

Am I running from that I can not?
Unknown

::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!