JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reflections

Everyone and everything that shows up in our life is a reflection of something that is happening inside of us.
- Alan Cohen

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


"Reflections" - Watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm - 8" x 12" (A4)

After all the coffee painting I've done (and there are more to follow!), I craved the good flow of my familiar and beloved watercolours and here I really just played with my colours wet-in-wet, with no preliminary sketching, enjoying the interaction of the colours and watching the picture appear! Nothing like watercolours! Whoot whoot!

4 comments:

  1. Aaaah, THANK YOU PJ, glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! So fresh and clean! I think this is one of my favorites :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we must ask blogger for a "FAV" button, then we can keep all our favourites together! I also have favourites on other blogs and then have difficulty finding them again! lol - pleased you like it Sandra!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!