JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Road through Noupoort

"A man may surely be allowed to take a glass of wine by his own fireside!"
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan


"Road through Noupoort" - watercolour in Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook 8" x 5.5"

On the way to a friend's farm in Noupoort a few weeks ago, just the other side of Magaliesburg (South Africa), I stopped to do a quick sketch of the road disappearing past a hillock and did the colour over lunch, some chatting and a glass of wine. I think it got a bit over-worked, I couldn't put down my pen while chatting!

4 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration Maree!! Wonderful work also here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy since my last visit! All so very good too! I Love the flower paintings and I like the pen work added to your paintings too! You really do have a style of your own Maree - I can't wait to find mine :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Dizzy Lizzie! glad you popped in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, thank you for the compliment Sandra! But we ALL have our own style, whether we know it or not, and other people often recognise it immediately!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!