JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Redpoll

“Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.”

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


Common Redpoll {Corduelis flammea} - watercolour in Moleskine Watercolour sketch-book 8" x 5.5" - Maree©

I was visiting a friend a couple of weeks ago to see how it's going with the Red Bishop she took over from me - he somehow lost a WHOLE wing as a fledgling in my garden - and I saw this little unknown bird (to me) in her aviary and enquired what it was. Turned out it's a Common Redpoll from the US, which she had bought at a pet shop. If I had my way, all pet shops would be banned from selling anything besides cats and dogs, and even that is a stretch for me.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the bird. It's beautiful. Certainly interesting to see all of the different birds in Africa:) Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teri! Sweet little bird calls for sweet little sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry, thank you. And thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!