JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Why grow Geraniums in pots?

Because it’s easy! 

W&N watercolour in hand-made sketch-book with satin-finish linen paper 
No sketching before-hand

Last year some time, I was given a small Geranium plant by Redbubble friend Antionette, a lovely little specimen which I planted in a terracotta pot, which now takes pride of place on my patio. I haven’t had geraniums for some time now, so this special plant is highly coveted! 

Whilst in a pot, watering and weeding are easy – there’s just the pot to water and weeding is almost completely eliminated. It’s easy to move them around – you can have color where ever you want it, almost instantly. No garden is required – you can grow them on the front steps, the back deck or your apartment balcony. 

One thing I have discovered is that Geraniums HATE wet feet and will not be happy in soggy soil. And with all the rain we’ve been having, that’s all that’s been required in the waterig department to keep ‘her’ happy.

::

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love geraniums too. And you're right about their hardiness. I had one once that was planted outside, but I put it in a pot and took it inside for winter and it grew and bloomed on the windowsill all winter until the next spring when I planted it back outside. And I am one who has absolutely no green thumb at all! Your painting is very nicely done. I love the fresh clear colors and the joy that it conveys.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!