JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Botanical - Bee in Nature

To 'bee' in nature is to experience one of our planet's most awesome gifts. Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer.


My sketch for today...


"Bee In Daisy" a (not so quick) quick pencil sketch and watercolour done from a photograph by Crista from 'Nature As Is' on Daler-Rowney 190gsm - Maree©

This lovely photograph by Christa inspired me to sketch this and at first I thought the bee was going to be the difficult part, but the daisy just would not conform to the way I wanted it to go! Just goes to show...

.

12 comments:

  1. Gosh Maree, I can't keep up with you! You paint so much!! And what beautiful vignettes of life. A daisy and a bee for summer, dear Pappa Goose is fantastic and all the flowers coming into bloom. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz, think I must slow down, lots of people say they miss stuff because there's too much! But that's why I've got a MENU on the left-hand side listing everything - wonder what that menu is going to look like in 10 years' time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to get here for a while either, and what a lot you've been up to Maree! Love your Pappa Goose story, he was lucky to find you - and your daisy and bee painting is delicate and beautiful. Great creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last few entries are lovely, Maree! I love the controlled colour scheme of the bee painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...lovely...even his little wings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie and thank you. Every now and then I slip back into controlled detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Catherine, thanks for the comment. I've also seen you've been busy, everybody is so full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely, Maree...I enjoy bees so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Maree you did a fantastic job!! Looks like my picture even though you think the Daisy didn't conform the way you wanted it too...lovely work!! :) I responded to your request on my blog Maree for John's blog address I hope you got it. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Crista. Heading over to your blog now to check out John's blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kate - I just love insects and, as you say, bees especially.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!