JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hillside

The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

My daily sketch for today...


"Hillside" watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm - Maree©

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am really envious of your wonderful sketch books and in watercolour too. Something I have been meaning to start for so long. Maybe you have inspired me to make time to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolann, and that's what it's all about, INSPIRATION.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have achieved a great sense of depth in this work, Maree, and the colours are controlled so that here is harmony in the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marie! You always inspire me with your comments, gives me sense and direction again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!