JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Crows at Dusk

full moon | wide awake | 'til dawn

A Twitter poem from WATERMARK


A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


"Crows at Dusk" watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm - Maree©

I can assure you this is not my dark side emerging! I had a Black Crow as a pet for 20 years (she was 27 when she died) and I absolutely love these endearing and highly intelligent birds.


"Coco" my Black Crow - She used to take this stance and make a ka-ka-ka sound, like the horn of a car. It must be a natural sound of theirs, because I've heard crows in the wild doing the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! A fellow crow lover! They are amazing and lucky you to have had one as a pet!

    A childhood friend had one by the name of 'Grubbie' but it wasn't real fond of non-family members.

    Nice to meet you, thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!