JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Murder of Crows

One crow, sorrow, 
two crows, joy, 
three crows for a girl, 
four crows for a boy, 
five crows for silver, 
six crows for gold, 
seven crows for a secret that's never been told.
 - Ashe Corven 

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's 
- practice, practice, practice! 


A collection of crow sketches done on a free Textured back-ground from Boccacino - first I print out the texture on watercolour paper and then paint the sketches on top of that. 

Although cultures around the world may regard the crow as a scavenger, bad omen, or simply a nuisance, this bad reputation might overshadow what could be regarded as the crow’s most striking characteristic – its intelligence. 

::

2 comments:

  1. Nice words Maree! I believe it if you are saying they are intelligent. I just love them! I always have the feeling you can easely make contact with them. I always talk to them en have the feeling they listening and know exact what I am saying.
    Anyway: your sketches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renate! And you're right, they DO listen and I really think they understand and take their cue from tone of voice and body language.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!