JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Acceptance - on Mother's Day

AFFIRMATION :
"I accept my human imperfections as an expression of beauty;
I accept my struggles and rough parts as my teachers."

The magic of affirmations and visualizations has come a long way with me and has formed a large part of who I am and where I am today.

The above affirmation is the latest to join the list on my mirror, as I've been finding myself bemoaning my "fate" quite a bit lately, albeit only in my own mind. One so easily falls into the trap of dissatisfaction, wanting 'perfection' in everything, not realising that everything is perfect and beautiful as it is.

Letting go of insecurities and worries is important for me to move forward, both as a whole and complete person as well as an artist.

2 comments:

  1. You can be proud of this blog Maree. It is such an inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words Elizabeth - now YOU'RE the one who's inspirational!
    Is there any way one can view your blog?
    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!