JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rock Challenge - Rocky Outcrop

“We all have 10,000 bad drawings in us. The sooner we get them out the better.” 
― Walt Stanchfield 

"Rocky Outcrop" - watercolour on Visual 140gsm watercolour paper - Maree©

My neighbour has this little rocky outcrop with a couple of lonely trees on his property, and I painted  it a couple of days ago, sitting behind the wooden fence, but yesterday I summoned up the courage and asked him if I could come in to do the painting again. It was a nice warm day, no wind, slight nip in the air, but I got totally engrossed and only packed up when I decided I had fiddled enough. Every time I looked up, there was another little rock I had missed!

This is part of Jeanette's rock challenge which ends on the 4th August 2009. If you are interested, you can visit Jeanette's blog at Illustrated Life to participate, there are still a couple of days left.

::
 

5 comments:

  1. Nice one Maree. I love the view point looking up. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting Maree - and thanks for visiting my blog. So nice to find another Sufefricen ... I need my list of SA bloggers to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeanette. Yea, I was sitting at the bottom looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz, and thanks. S.A. bloggers are definitely few and far between, as far as art is concerned anyway, and there are many more of you in the Cape than here in Gauteng. But there again, Cape Town is renowned for its cultural community. I've managed to connect with Cathy Gatland from Johannesburg and hoping to find a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thanks for joining my blog, Liz!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!