JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

The last signs of winter

W&N watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm

The last signs of winter are fast disappearing as spring comes to an end. We've had a bit of rain and Mother Nature is replacing her landscape of browns and yellows with various shades of green, one of my favourite colours. A walk down our smallholding revealed fresh grass, beautiful little wild flowers and birds preparing new nests and many of them already rearing a brood. My Fiscal Shrike has four little ones, keeping her busy the whole day!

(By the way, for those who saw my (hasty) post (deleted) that I won't be blogging here any more, my apologies, I just can't seem to give up my passion of sharing my art! The problem is that I have too many blogs and I am trying to find a way of prioritising which ones to keep, such a difficult decision! lol!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh good! I'm glad your disappearing act was temporary. I love the peeks you give me into a very different part of the world ... and how you handle your watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thank you Elva, it must be a hormonal thing! Glad you like this one, I also love peeking into the different worlds of other artists.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!