JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Important day!

"The long span of the bridge of your life is supported by countless cables called habits, attitudes, and desires. What you do in life depends upon what you are and what you want. What you get from life depends on how much you want it, how much you are willing to work and plan and co-operate and use your resources. The long span of the bridge of your life is supported by countless cables that you are spinning now, and that is why today is such an important day. Make the cables strong."
~ L.G. Elliott

Watercolour on Arches 300gsm – 10” x 7” - Maree©

One of my Christmas gifts was 3 pads in various sizes of Arches Watercolour paper and I was TOTALLY ECSTATIC! Arches is not available in South Africa, or very difficult to get hold of at the least, and my daughter went to all the trouble of finding it for me! This painting is my second attempt at giving the paper a try (my first attempt was not that good!) – and it is completely different to the Bockingford I normally use; the flow of the paint, dry brush application, lifting, transparency and the way it soaks. A wonderful way to start the new year and I've been having a ball ever since!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and brush strokes, Maree. You get along well with that precious paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie! I just LOVE it! I've finished all the A4 size, now I'm faced with some HUGE A3 and larger blank sheets, too terrified to touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Maree,
    I don't know if you are getting my email, but I think I am going to have to resubscribe to your art classes. I hope to still get your other website also in enlightenment. I have been very sick and lost touch with you, but have never stopped thinking of you. I hope you are well,, It looks like your artclass is doing well, I hope to learn alot from you, My house burned down in Jan, and I lost all my pets, I am still dealing with that, but my health is getting better. The art room they are building me in the new house will be state of the art. so I can't wait to get painting again. I miss you,
    LInda Olivare email olivares408@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, thank you for popping in to my blog, but I think you've got me confused with somebody else! lol! I am not doing any art classes anywhere, neither on-line or at my studio. Hope you find somebody soon! Regards

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!