JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seeking Nature in Spring

Who are you, Nature?
I live in you;
for fifty years I have been seeking you,
and I have not found you yet.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!

Watercolour in Moleskine Folio 200gsm watercolour sketch-book 12" x 8"

Ever since I attended a watercolour class with Angela Eidelman in Magaliesburg (Gauteng, South Africa) almost a year ago, I've been experimenting with bolder and bolder colour, something she taught me, "be bold and never be scared of colour!" It certainly pays off with watercolours, especially if the work is fairly small. Here I took my cue from all the Spring colours abounding in my garden last Spring at the end of a hard, cold winter.

2 comments:

  1. I love this piece, Maree. The shapes, the depth, the color...... well, everything :)

    Sorry I've been absent of late. Have a new job and am trying to adjust. Ah, the learning curve :) I miss time for fun but it will return :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was wondering where you are! I wish you luck in your new job, what are you doing? thanks for taking the time to pop in here, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!