JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas & A Joyous 2011!

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?
It came without ribbons. It came without tags.
It came without packages, boxes or bags.
And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?
~Dr. Seuss



One of my Guinea fowl watercolours turned into a Christmas card - this will be my last post for 2010 and here's wishing you all a joyous and inspirational 2011! I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody's art and inspiration in the new year and I would like to thank everybody for viewing my blog and leaving your lovely comments here!

12 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Christmas Maree :0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Guineas. And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too, Maree.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, pleased you like them Annie, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Maree, truly professional. I have also decided to give a local flavour to my wishes. The blue sky, the stars and especially the guinea fowl are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Marie, pleased you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT Christmas Card! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Maree! And have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really missed you, I got very ill, but back now and ready to learn,,just email me at
    olivares408@aol.com
    Luv ya,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, it certainly has been a long time! Glad to hear you're better now, and here's wishing you a wonderfully joyful and inspirational new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Perfect for Christmas! I'm incredibly excited for Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration. I'll make one for my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to be of inspiration PrintingSamples! And I'm sure your wife will ABSOLUTELY appreciate the effort! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!