JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Zantedeschia (Arum Lily)

When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. Most people in the city rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower. I want them to see it whether they want to or not.
- Georgia O'Keeffe

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


Arum Lilies - watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm - 5.5" x 7.5"- Maree©

A study of some Arums in my garden - this year they have exceptionally long stalks (probably looking for some sunshine amidst all the shade!) and I have been picking bunches for my tall vase for the dining room table - stunning!

8 comments:

  1. Have I seen this on Fb before? I know I was and still am very impressed by the way you have arranged your lilies on the format. I had to giggle when I saw that you called me a "Darling"! I am still fuming about unfair treatment of the artists in Darling during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ronell, nice of you to pop in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my 'Darling' for the lovely compliment! and yes, it is in my art portfolio on FB. Can't believe they would push culture aside for whatever 'use' they've come with for the space (is it the Attic?) - it would be a perfect showcase of the culture we have to offer, besides soccer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by Brigitte! And I'm thrilled you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maree, no not even in the attic but in a lovely well-lit space. I placed a photo of the nice gallery (with my paintings )on Fb but removed it the next day...I thought it better not to show hurt and disappointment on Fb. So that was the gallery that lasted for 3 months! I love your new post (the reflections)too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Marie, I saw the photo the day of your post, I've also done that, posted hurt and anger and then removed it! Thanks for popping by again and loving the 'reflections'!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!