JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Farm shed in Magaliesburg

"The key question isn't "What fosters creativity?" But it is why in heaven's name isn't everyone more creative? Where was the human potential lost? How was it crippled? I think therefore a good question might be not why do people create, but why do people not create or innovate? We have got to abandon that sense of amazement in the face of creativity, as if it were a miracle if anybody created anything."


Farm Shed in Magaliesburg - watercolour 12" x 8.5" - Maree©

Magaliesburg, situated on the border of Gauteng and the North West Province, is renowned as a tourist destination, but also supports a vast farming community. I did this sketch of the shed on a farm not far from The Cradle of Humankind Visitors' Centre.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Maree....! that is such a pretty area for landscape artists to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, thanks for your comment. I'm now able to reply to this using IE - I use Firefox and have checked the cookies, they are enabled. Blogger not much help, but thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got in, Maree. What a wonderful new range of paintings you are producing this year!!!!I am so surprised about this scene because I have been a C of M in November last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marie!Many of them are from memory, but I'm getting out a bit more and find it utterly fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!