JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sketch in Agenda Art Journal


"Exploring space and colour"

I have this old, leather bound, 1997 Agenda Planner that is now filled with watercolour paper cut to size and some of the old note paper, which I use as an art journal. I did the above sketch on one of the note papers to try out a new green I was mixing using Thalo Blue and Burnt Sienna and was quite pleased with how the green turned out. I also experimented with Indigo and Cadmium Yellow on this, which I used on parts of the tree.

I'll use anything I can lay my hands on for sketching and using old diaries and planners is a great, inexpensive way of building up a collection.


Agenda Planner filled with watercolour paper - I used a 6-hole punch to do the holes for the paper.

If you would like to make your own sketch-book in an easy, quick and fun way, go to 'An Artist's Sketchbook to Make'.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful watercolour! and what a brilliant idea. I will definately go and have a look at the link. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely journal AND sketch!
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carol, and the sketch-book to make is EXTREMELY easy, hope you get an idea or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ronelle. You know, EVERY year I buy a Planner, and I NEVER get round to using them for planning! So and apart from saving money using all the old Planners and diaries, it fills a creative spot making some new from something old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely greens! And, from this former weaver, the lines give your sketch a woven feel :) I like :)

    Thanks so for the tip on using old planners. Since I left the corporate world my wonderful blue leather planner that zips has been stored away.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Pam! And as far as the planners go (stored away!) I have a blue one, a burgundy one, a black one, a brown one... all different sizes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!