JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Garden Journal entry


An entry and sketch in my Daily Garden Journal
(Click to enlarge and read the entry)

To me, the garden is a doorway to other worlds; one of them, of course, is the world of birds. The garden is their dinner table, bursting with bugs and worms and succulent berries.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Maree. Living on a smallholding is absolutely the best and I'm so jealous. Birds are very precious and feeding them every morning is my welcome mat to my little garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all. And Liz, isn't it amazing how they become used to the routine? I just step into the garden with the yellow jug, and suddenly the trees are full of life and many little eyes are keenly watching my every move as I fill the bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Maree...love the bird. Stunning

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!