JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Spring Reflections

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
~Mark Twain

A daily practice of sketching and painting gives you a chance to exercise the big three P's - practice, practice, practice!


"Spring Reflections" watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm - Maree©

This sketch was inspired by Pam Johnson Brickell's 'Sunrise Surprise' - her management of watercolours is astonishing and always an inspiration.

7 comments:

  1. I'm laughing Maree. I saw the small image of your painting on my blog following list and said to self, 'Hey, that so reminds me of sunrise surpise, I'll have to let Maree know I tried something like that too.

    I'm honored to have inspired you! I think they should hang together! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, it was with some trepidation that I posted this, not knowing whether it would carry your approval or not, and am relieved that it's OK with you! It's a great suggestion, hanging them together - could print it on good watercolour paper and display as a pair. Maybe we could start a trend here...

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maree...beautiful colors in this painting, the purples and blues look wonderful together. Thank you for your wonderful comment today on my blog...it really lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face. Thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great idea! Would love to even see a third artist join in for a triptych!
    Imagine offering an international limited edition piece for sale. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Pam - do you know anybody that would participate? I could ask a couple of artists I know here in S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maree, sorry for the delay.... Finally back home and back on the grid :)
    I've no one in mind at the moment but initially thought it would be fun having 3 different countries represented.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!