JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Botanical - Primula


Botanical - Primula 'Gold Lace' watercolour on Bockingford watercolour paper - Maree©

This polyanthus primula has unusual golden-eyed flowers with black petals with gold margins. Plants enjoy a position in moist, slightly acid soil in partial shade. However they can tolerate full sun if the soil remains moist at all times, but prefer slightly acidic soil in partial shade.

This plant is attractive to bees, butterflies and/or birds. Requires consistently moist soil; do not allow to dry out between waterings.

::
 

5 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Maree...well as I sit here having my first cup of coffee for the day. I'm admiring your beautiful painting..Wow so nice. I wanted to let you know as well that I've been having some huge problems as of late getting onto your site. Today I had to try 6 time and other days I can't get on at all. There have been some wonderful paintings that I've wanted to comment on, but since I finally got on now I don't want to risk being bumped out again.

    Oh I'm going to be working two jobs now...I have an interview next Saturday. Ya ...we are finding it very hard to make ends meet..so I'm taking a second job now. Oh well, but I'm hopefull that when I start getting my second pay cheques I can finally buy that beautiful Butterfly painting!! I still want it you know and all your banking info is still tucked away in my safe place.

    Have a wonderful day Maree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your coffee! And thanks for letting me know about the difficulty of accessing this blog - I'm removing some stuff on the side-bar, maybe that's a problem - and please let me know if it has improved, and if you still can't get in, plse e-mail me.

    The butterfly is still waiting for you - I have got it for sale on my other art site, iCreate-OnLine (http://www.icreateonline.co.za), but no takers so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gentle painting of the primula.......Going through this immensely popular blog, I have just spotted my link! Thank you, Maree! It is really such a nice surprise! By the way, how many blog entrees have you done so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marie, and it's a pleasure having your link so that everybody can see your lovely work. I've done about 171 posts - do you think that's a lot? On the 27th April I set myself the goal to sketch or paint every day, and on the 4th August I reached my 100th day! (just before Zuma's 100th day in office). And it's nice to know my blog is popular, love to hear that!

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just counting your visitors, I am thrilled for what you have achieved. 171 Posts, that is wonderful. I started off so well with 15 in April but what happened? More reading in winter than painting, I think I will aim for 50 per year, then if I go over I will surprise myself!

    Response to The Bride and the Sea was so overwhelming and I got e-mails praising the painting and the bride was thrilled too. One never knows what is going to be a hit.

    Have a nice day, Maree, hopefully much warmer than my day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!