JUST ME :: and a stack of blank pages

:: Living creatively ::

About me

This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is. I’m here to tell you that the path to peace is right there, when you want to get away. When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. If you miss the present moment, you miss your appointment with life. That is very serious!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wood Ducks (Carolinas)

I've got a pair of Carolina ducks (American Wood Ducks) and yesterday morning I found the male dead in the pond. I've no idea what happened. He showed no signs of being sick and he wasn't old, younger than his female. As usual, he's the more colourful of the pair, with the female being beige and brown.

I did this painting of my pair of Carolinas this morning.

"Carolina Ducks" (American Wood Ducks) watercolour - Maree©

Male Carolina drake (Wood duck)

The female Carolina duck in the fore-ground with her drake at the pond...

:: 


5 comments:

  1. How special to have these beauties in your yard. Love sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...that should say 'lovely'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What talent, I think these are quite beautiful. I am a collector of wood duck anything, I would love to print this to my collection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vickie, and sorry I only reply now, system glitch, not notifying me of comments! I've been following your blog via Google Reader for some time now and your Whooping Crane work is amazing. I've joined the Whooping Crane cause by putting their stuff on my blog HEDGIE'S JOY! - Nature Journal (http://hedgiesjoy.blogspot.com) and I really look forward to your sketch up-dates.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bays Call, thanks for visiting and the same excuse to you, system glitch, not being advised of comments! Visited your blog and looking forward to seeing everything about Wood Ducks. And yes, you may certainly print my painting to your collection, I'd be honoured.

    Looking forward to your blog posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog!